You need to do a bit of warm up before your daily walk to increase the effectiveness of the exercise and reduce any stiffness that might come later. There are just a few to do to give you a great start.
Hamstrings (back of legs)
1. Sit on the edge of your bed with one leg up and the other on the floor and reach with both hands until you feel the stretch in the back of the leg.
1. Stand at arms length away from a wall and lean against it.
2. Put one leg straight back and the other bent under you.
3. Keep your back straight and lean your hips forward.
4. Keep rear leg straight with your heel on the ground.
5. Repeat for other leg.
1. Stand with both arms over your head.
2. Lean to one side, then the other.
3. You can also leave your right arm at your side and bend to the right while reaching your left arm reaches overhead, then reverse.
1. Stand with both arms out to side with elbows slightly bent.
2. Feet should be at shoulder width or slightly wider.
3. Twist your torso to the right and then the left, alternating back and forth slowly.
1. While leaning against a wall, reach back with your left hand and grab your right ankle.
2. Pull your foot back and away from your butt.
3. Repeat for the other side.
It really won’t take you long to do these. It’s a good way to start your exercise or even just your day.
TODAY: DO YOUR WARM UP EXERCISES.